Welcome to the UDYFC 2023 Flag Football Program. Thanks to all who have offered to help volunteer to coach flag football this season. If anyone else is interested in coaching, please feel free to contact [email protected]
Flag CAMP will run from 6-7pm on the following days:
· Week 1 (Monday, August 28 and Wednesday, August 30)
· Week 2 (Tuesday, September 5 and Thursday, September 7)
Camp will be held on the 309 grass field behind SPARK Field 2 and the baseball field. We understand that many people are away on vacation at the end of August so please do not worry about missing any camp. Enjoy your vacations before the madness of school & sports begins. There will be ice pops for the kids after camp practices and the snack stand is always open for tasty treats!
Monday, September 11, will be the first team practices of the season. All practices and games will be held on SPARK Field 1 (lower field closer to Susquehanna Rd) from 6-7pm
The first regular season games will begin on Friday, September 15, from 6-7pm on SPARK Field 1 (lower field)
The schedule for the regular season will be Monday practices and Friday games.
· Weekly updates/reminders will be sent out to ensure everyone is up-to-speed
· The season will end Friday, October 27, 2023
· The end of season event includes fun games, including races, tug-of-wars, followed by trophy handouts and popsicles for all kids.
The format for flag games is 7v7. Coaches have the flexibility to line up kids as they choose on both offense and defense and either run or pass plays can be done based on coaches’ perspective of the game. The coaches of each team will be overseeing the respective games.
One thing we want to instill in the kids is to learn the cadence (set, down, go, hit) as that will go all the way through weight football (65s, 90s, 105s, 125s). The cadence also helps keep kids lined up and learn how to get set for each play.
Kids should be rotated throughout the game so each kid has a chance with the ball. The game can be played as 4 down football to ensure both teams get equal time on O and D.
· All players will receive a reversible mesh jersey with the UD Logo on the front and number on the back.
· Footballs, flag belts and flags are provided by UDYFC
· Players should wear cleats (although sneakers are acceptable too)
· Mouth guards are strongly recommended
· All players must bring their own WATER BOTTLES (labeled with names)