I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child participating in the athletic program by following this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every game, practice or other League event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a drug-free, and alcohol-free sporting environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all League events.
- I will do my very best to make the League fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex creed, or ability. I will promise to set a good example for my child by extending the same respect to all players, coaches, fans, and officials.
- I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or
other sporting event.
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
- I will teach my child that doing one's best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, during a game or after a game and will take time to speak with coaches and/or the Athletic Director and/or President of the club at an agreed upon time and place and away from the children.
- I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.